Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SweetsSuccessBaking Start-up


From my first Easy Bake oven in the late 50's to now. Every Blog must have a beginning. This is mine. Baking is a passion of mine that I'm happy to share with all who allow it. It's something I'll go on and on about until I see my friends eyes glaze over.

We'll start this with some family recipes. The type that have been written on paper that has yellowed from the years, and has at least one food stain on it. Recipes that might start a family disagreement when we try to track down which relative it came from. True treasures!

This is me, from that Easy Bake Oven era.
---------------------------------------------------------------->

This little Ditty is by an unknown author.
Remember,substitute at your own risk.

SHARING RECIPES

I didn't have potatoes,
so I substituted rice.
Didn't have paprika,
so I used another spice.

I didn't have tomato sauce,
so I used tomato paste.
A whole can not a half can-
i don't believe in waste.

My friend gave me the recipe-
She said you couldn't beat it.
There must be something wrong with her,
I couldn't even eat it.

1 comment: