Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ribeye steak with onion, garlic and blue cheese sauce

This sauce is so tasty, you may want to have steak every night!
First chop up 1 small onion
Then saute them in 3 Tablespoons of butter, until they're richly carmelized. During the last minute of cooking, add 1 clove of finely minced or crushed garlic. Garlic will burn easily.
Then turn the heat to low and add 1 cup of cream. Cook for about 5 minutes until the cream is reduced by half.
Then add in 1/2 cup of blue cheese, stirring until it's melted. That's all there is to it.
You can cook your steak anyway you want to while the sauce is cooking. Grilled, broiled or fried... it's all good


Let's eat!

We also had green bean casserole with this meal. This recipe was adapted from a recipe on the Pioneer Woman Website. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

The potatoes on the plate are Crash Hot Potatoes, also adapted from her site. I like to take recipes and change them up to our own tastes. Sometimes I change them so much that you wouldn't recognize them, and other times just a little tweak is needed.

4 comments:

  1. I usually eat steak with just salt and pepper, but this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that looks delicious. My husband's favorite steak is a ribeye, so I'm not sure I need to give him one more reason to want more. However, I don't think I'll be able to resist this recipe...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cant beat a good Ribeye with blue cheese! It's one of our favorites! I'll have to ty your sauce next time. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh I am absolutely trying this sauce!

    ReplyDelete