Monday, November 15, 2010

Magic Cookie Bars


Some things are so easy, they make me feel just a little bit guilty. Making Magic Cookie Bars is one of them. They look like something that should have taken a lot of effort to prepare .... but they're just so easy to make. The bad part is that my husband saw me throw them together last night, so I can't fool him anymore. He thought I was a master baker. Now he knows the truth.

1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9 x 13 inch pan melt the butter in the oven. Sprinkle crumbs over the butter. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Top with the remaining ingredients in layers. Press down. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE these bars...I remember almost making myself sick on them when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look wonderful. Simple and so very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I can't believe how easy this is to make! The ingredients are what counts! I will try it this week. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bars look great. Yum yum with hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    These bring back memories of my Grandmother's Magic Bars. Thanks for reminding me!
    Hope all your new ventures are going well.

    ReplyDelete